Dear Parents and Families:
Reading for pleasure inside and outside of school has real and long-lasting benefits. It unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Here’s what you can do to help children develop stronger reading skills and a love for reading:
- Set the example. Let children see you read.
- Have a collection of books in the home. Update this collection routinely to keep pace with changing tastes and reading skills.
- Support our school’s Book Fair. Allow your children to choose their own books to read.
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings to school the books kids want to read. It’s a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
Location / Book Fair Dates / Times:
- Wonderland Preschool’s Lobby – Mon 2/12 to Fri 2/16 from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Online – 27/7 www.scholastic.com/bf/wonderlandpreschool
Before you visit the Book Fair, be sure to download the Book Fairs app to help you find the right books for your child. For more information, visit: www.scholastic.com/bf/wonderlandpreschool. And if you are unable to attend the Fair in person, we invite you to visit our online Book Fair at www.scholastic.com/bf/wonderlandpreschool. Our online Fair is available from Tuesday 2/6/2018 to Tuesday 2/27/2018. We look forward to seeing you and your family at our Book Fair! Remember, all purchases benefit our school.